Why should I buy Private Medical Insurance?
If you don’t like the idea of:
- Stupid and unnecessary waiting lists for consultations or treatment
- Noisy crowded hospital wards with no privacy and restrictive visiting times
- Tired, overworked, underpaid and stressed doctors and nurses offering the best care they can
- A lack of personal care and accountability
- Limited or no access to recent or premium drugs
- Poor choice of hospitals in your local area
- High-cost parking when your friends and family come to visit you in hospital
There are many other aspects of rationed NHS care that you may rightly fear.
Private health insurance is completely different. You can forget waiting lists and other delays because resources are there waiting for you when you need them. Doctors, nurses and other staff are well trained, better paid and less stressed.
For non-urgent treatment, you will be able to choose when you go to the hospital so it can fit around your commitments.
Private hospitals can be more like luxury hotels with en suite bathrooms and good sound insulation, so if you are a person that struggles to sleep you can have peace of mind your accommodation for recovery will be as quiet as possible.
Having a private room makes it easy for your friends and family to visit whenever they like.